Request for Proposals
Website Design & Creation for Partnering for Performance NH Project
Strafford Regional Planning Commission
Contacts: Lynn Cherry, Project Manager
Strafford Regional Planning Commission
150 Wakefield Street, Suite 12
Rochester, NH 03867
www.strafford.org | (603) 994–3500
Date of Issue: Friday, April 14, 2017
Deadline for Submittal: Tuesday, April 25, 2017, 5:00 p.m.
The Strafford Regional Planning Commission (SRPC) is calling for proposals to design and create a website for a transportation-related project titled Partnering for Performance NH. This project is funded by the Federal Highway Administration and led by SRPC.
Partnering for Performance NH is a coordinated effort among New Hampshire transportation decision makers tasked with developing a common framework for performance based transportation planning, as well as building more collaborative relationships among federal, state, and regional partners involved in the project.
B. Scope of Work
The website will be hosted by SRPC's current hosting account. This website shall achieve the following objectives:
• Provide a "landing page" that clearly highlights the project work and serves as the central repository for the project outcomes.
• Act as a resource—best practice—for others undertaking a similar process.
• Provide information to the general public about regional, state, and federal transportation performance measures.
Below are the expectations that the website proposals shall meet.
Website Design Expectations:
• An events calendar and space for announcements.
• Access to meeting templates and documents that can be downloaded and to blog and other social media.
• Consistent, user-friendly, up-to-date designs.
• Responsive design for seamless mobile viewing—web pages shall open to fit user screen size dynamically.
• Compatible with multiple browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari.
• Build-out of secure staging sites for purposes of website design and content population, review and edits, and final review and approval of the final staging site prior to the website going live.
• Structure makes content accessible with as few clicks as possible.
Content Management System (CMS):
• Simple navigation to allow users to create, edit, and publish content quickly and easily.
• Workflow system for access levels, content approval, and content review reminders with support for user roles/administration, including general read/write/approve permission model as well as folder/page level permissions, based on user roles.
• Track changes to individual administrators.
• Archive of all previous page versions and deleted pages.
• Date-controlled content expiration capabilities.
• Content preview function prior to publishing.
• Online help/FAQ available for CMS users.
• Content-related metadata and alt tags on images allowed.
• Automatic spell check and grammar alerts incorporated into the CMS.
• "Mock-up" demonstration of the workflow process provided before formal adoption and approval is granted.
Interactive Web Technology Expectations:
• Online forms and submission capabilities.
• Interactive media capabilities, including RSS feed, video streaming, podcasting, and photo gallery preferred.
• Ability to embed ArcGIS online maps that staff may edit and update as needed.
• Permit uploading of various file types such as image files, pdf, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and other documents.
• Ability to share specific content via email and on social media sites.
• Printer-friendly pages.
• Shall provide website analytics and report capabilities.
• Shall provide capability to customize content and design.
• Shall provide the capability to add components or plug-ins developed by SRPC staff.
• Shall support authentication through active directory (not necessarily native).
• Shall support the use of development/testing servers as well as production servers.
• Bidder shall properly report, alert, and provide a knowledge base of common support issues/resolutions.
• Preferred solutions shall be built on Microsoft technologies (i.e. Net, SQLServer, C#).
Technical Support Expectations
• Bidder shall provide user manuals (electronic and/or paper) for easy reference.
Requirements for Compliance with Americans with Disabilities ACT (ADA)
• Bidder shall be knowledgeable about accessible website development, Title II of the ASA, and WCAG 2.0 to evaluate the Partnering for Performance NH website and any proposed online services for compliance with the ADA and, at a minimum, Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 Level A and Level AA Success Criteria, and other Conformance Requirements (WCAG 2.0 AA)
• Provide the ability for users to change text size as needed.
• Provide the ability for screen readers, closed captioning for audio and video content, and color blindness compatibility.
• Provide notice prominently and directly link from the Partnering for Performance NH homepage instructing visitors to the website on how to request accessible information. The link shall provide several methods to request accessible information, including an accessible form to submit feedback, and an email address, to contact personnel knowledgeable about the accessibility of the website.
• Provide notice prominently and directly link from the Partnering for Performance NH homepage soliciting feedback from visitors to the website on how to improve website accessibility. The link shall provide several methods to provide feedback, including an accessible form to submit feedback, and an email address to contact personnel knowledgeable about the accessibility of the website.
C. Schedule of Work
The tentative schedule of work is as follows:
• June 1, 2017: Delivery of a basic, outward-facing website for display at the end of project colloquium on June 7, 2017.
• July 1, 2017: Delivery of a beta version of the site.
• August 1, 2017: Delivery of final and complete website.
The website will be maintained by SRPC staff after August 1, 2017.
D. Cost of Services
SRPC is requesting that interested firms, partnerships, and individuals submit a firm fixed price for a four (4) month contract. Payment schedule should also be included (e.g., monthly, quarterly).
This portion of the proposal shall include ONLY the proposed pricing. If partial payment is required prior to project completion, the financial proposal shall indicate project milestones with corresponding dates and dollar amounts.
Those submitting applications must specify any services that would be not covered in the proposal price. The firm shall identify the following:
• A fee schedule containing the firm's hourly rates.
• A description of how services will be billed.
• A description of additional charges, such as out-of-pocket expenses for travel, subsistence, etc.
All work performed under this agreement will be assigned in segments and by individual task. The agreement will remain in force through August 1, 2017. The maximum amount to be awarded, under the overall master agreement, is $7,500.
E. Statement of Qualification Requirements
A firm, partnership, or individual interested in designing and creating a website for the Partnering for Performance NH project must have demonstrated experience in creating websites. Please submit the following information to SRPC and provide documentation where applicable:
• Name of consulting firm and a brief history and description.
• Name, title, contact information, and professional and educational qualifications, including appropriate state licenses and affiliations, of key personnel assigned to this project.
• An executive summary demonstrating understanding of the request and the ability to complete similar projects within time constraints.
• A brief description of the three most current related projects with an outline of the level of involvement.
• At least three (3) professional references, including name, title, contact information, and description of product provided (if clients) or relationship (if colleagues).
• Evidence of insurance. The bidder shall, at its sole expense, obtain and maintain in force the following insurance:
o Commercial or comprehensive general liability insurance including contractual coverage for all claims of bodily injury, death, and property damage in policy amounts of not less than $250,000 per occurrence and $2,000,000 in the aggregate.
o Comprehensive automobile liability insurance covering all motor vehicles, including owned, hired, borrowed, and non-owned vehicles, for all claims of bodily injury, death, or property damage in policy amounts of not less than $500,000 combined single limit.
o Workers' compensation and employer's liability insurance as required by law.
Bidders shall provide their response to the Scope of Work, including an outline for project management and task implementation. The work plan must detail the services to be performed and include a proposed schedule for completing the project. Please note that timely completion of this project is critical.
F. Review and Screening Process:
Submissions will be reviewed by a selection committee composed of SRPC staff. A telephone or in-person interview may be requested prior to selection of the successful bidder.
|Evaluation Criteria||Evaluation Points|
|Demonstrated understanding of the scope of work outlined in the RFP.
Evidence of the bidder's ability to perform the work, as indicted by
profiles of the principal and staff's professional and technical
competence and experience.
|Experience with projects of similar scope. Capability to provide
professional service in a timely manner.
|Evidence that the bidder currently is registered/insured in New Hampshire||15|
|Cost to perform labor contract||25|
G. Submission Requirements and Process:
All proposals must be received by SRPC no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 25, 2017. Materials received after this time will not be accepted or reviewed. It is the intent of SRPC to notice the selected firm on or around Friday, April 28, 2017.
Bidders shall provide a cover letter on corporate letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of the company, and an executive summary which will be limited to a brief narrative highlight the consultant's proposal. The executive summary should not include cost quotations.
All proposals and supporting documentation must be electronically submitted via email in one (1) PDF attachment. The submission title should read "RFP #012017: Partnering for Performance NH Website." Bidders whose proposals deviate from these instructions may be considered non-responsive and may be disqualified at the discretion of SRPC. Proposals submitted in the body of an email will not be considered.
The expense of preparing and submitting a statement of qualifications is the sole responsibility of the bidder. SRPC reserves the right to reject any or all proposals received, to negotiate with any qualified source, or to cancel in part or in its entirety this RFP. This solicitation in no way obligates SRPC to award a contract.
SRPC will afford individuals and firms full opportunity to submit proposals in response to this invitation and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability in consideration for this award.
Questions regarding this RFP should be directed to Lynn Cherry at email@example.com or by telephone at (603) 994–3500. A copy of this RFP and all Q&A received will be posted on the SRPC website (http://www.strafford.org). Copies of the response in electronic form shall be sent to Lynn Cherry, project manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Hard copies of the submission are not required.
Find more information on the project at http://strafford.org/transportation/perfmeasures.php.
Questions Submitted Concerning RFP - Website Design & Creation for Partnering for Performance NH Project (updated 12:45 pm on 4/17/2017)
1. Question: The insurance levels in the RFP may be prohibitive to smaller companies and sole proprietors. Would $1,000,000 in aggregate for comprehensive general liability insurance be sufficient for this project?
a. Answer: To allow smaller companies or individuals to bid on the project, the minimum threshold has been lowered from $2,000,000 to $1,000,000 in aggregate for comprehensive general liability insurance. The requirement for insurance is either commercial or comprehensive general liability insurance. Insurance coverage that exceeds the minimum threshold is acceptable.
2. Question: Would it be possible to use a separate host with more robust customer service options for this project?
a. Answer: SRPC plans to host the website via our current hosting provider.
3. Question: How many pages will the new site be?
a. Answer: The website shall have 7 main content pages: "home/landing" page, "partnership" page, "process" page, "performance measures" page, "impact" page, "resources" page, and "contact" page. The "performance measures" page shall act as a portfolio in which the measures will be displayed. This portfolio may eventually contain up to 50 performance measures.
4. Question: Would SRPC be willing to have teams compete against each other in a challenge-style format in which the best team is selected based on their actual performance rather than a written proposal?
a. Answer: Based on the project's scope of work, SRPC is not accepting such proposals.
Strafford Regional Planning Commission
150 Wakefield Street, Suite 12
Rochester, New Hampshire 03867
Tel: (603) 994-3500 Fax: (603)994-3504